Vertigo is a condition in which you feel that everything around is moving when, in fact, everything is still. You will feel like everything is spinning around you. In some cases, you may also sweat heavily, feel like you want to vomit, find it difficult to walk normally. This condition is caused by different diseases including Ménière’s disease, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, and inner ear inflammation, but can also happen in healthy people when they spend a long time on a moving ship or after they have been spinning around for a little bit of time with closed eyes.
Here are ten home remedies for Vertigo:
1. Epley Maneuver
The Epley maneuver is powerful in helping people who suffer from vertigo. It is especially useful if the individual is affected with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It helps people with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo to recovery more quickly. It is also considered safe and doesn’t cause any serious harm or unwanted side effects. This maneuver should be repeated three times per day and the best time to do so before you go to sleep at night. Notice that you may feel dizzy while trying to do it so it may be better to have someone help you with the movements.
Here are the steps:
- Sit down on a bed or a comfortable sofa
- Turn your head 45 degrees to the side of the ear affected with vertigo
- Put a pillow behind you and lie back for 30 seconds so that the pillow is under your shoulders.
- Turn your head 90 degrees to the opposite side but make sure you do not raise it. Remain in this position for 10 seconds
- Turn your body 90 degrees to the same side you turned your head but make sure not to change the position of your head while doing so. Remain in this position for 30 seconds.
- Start to slowly sit up and bring your head back to its normal position.